Last Updated 2nd July 2019
WHO WE ARE
The Macallan is owned by The Macallan Distillers Limited, a private limited company (registered in Scotland No. 024068), and our registered office is at The Macallan Distillery, Craigellachie, Banffshire, AB38 9RX.
Edrington Asia Pacific office is located at 12 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 2, Level 24-01, Singapore 018961.
Edrington (M) SDN BHD is located at 16-02, Vertical Business Suite, Bangsar South, Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- What types of personal data we collect;
- How we collect personal data;
- When and why we share it with other organisations, including the types of organisations involved;
- How long we keep personal data for; and
- The rights and choices you have with regards to your personal data.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS?
- Your name, age/date of birth (for age verification purposes) and location
- Your contact details: postal addresses including billing and delivery addresses, contact telephone numbers
- Details of purchases and orders made by you;
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your correspondence and communications with The Macallan;
- Personal data which you have maybe shared via a public platform (such as on The Macallan’s Facebook or Instagram feed);
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Online browsing activities on The Macallan website.
For the avoidance of doubt, collection of the types of personal data mentioned above will always require your prior consent. Please take note that by you submitting your personal data when prompted during your usage of our website, you consent to the collection of your personal data for our processing.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data when:
- You subscribe to receive our newsletter;
- You make an online purchase or place an order online for a Macallan product or merchandise;
- You enter a ballot or competition related to The Macallan or one of The Macallan’s products;
- When you attend one of our events or visit one of our sites;
- When you contact us, for whatever reason.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Macallan (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- With your agreement, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (but only when you’ve given your consent to be contacted by us);
- We may send you personalised communications based on your preferences, and use of The Macallan’s products;
- To verify your identity and your age;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- To enable The Macallan to manage any customer service interactions with you;
- To ensure that our web content is presented in the most efficient way for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL REASON FOR HOLDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Data Protection Laws require us to state our legal reason for processing your personal data.
We rely on your consent to send you marketing communications about The Macallan. You can withdraw your consent to receive these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe button included in the communications we send you, or by contacting us at
Brian Lau, Manager of Prestige and Education, Telephone number: +603 2242 3913, Email: [email protected]
The Macallan also collects and uses your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a consumer; or
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The normal legal basis for processing consumer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of The Macallan, including:
- selling and supplying goods to our consumers;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products;
- understanding our consumers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and developing new products;
- handling consumer contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes; and
- preventing and detecting inappropriate and offensive behaviour and carrying out necessary actions in relation to the same.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process your personal data, namely:
- to access your data;
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data; and
- to object to direct marketing.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Brian Lau, Manager of Prestige and Education, Telephone number: +603 2242 3913, Email: [email protected]
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
To effectively fulfill our obligations to you, and to provide you with certain benefits, we use a number of trusted and reliable third parties to carry out functions which involve the processing of your Personal Data. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
- When you order products from our online shop, we will share your details with our fulfilment partner (Currently YCH Logistics (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd), who will process your orders as set out in our Terms and Conditions.
- We use marketing service providers to administer services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our consumers, administering any promotions or ballots which we run.-
- Other agencies and fulfilment partners to administer events, competitions and brand programmes that you have opted into.
Some of the third-party service providers we use may be based outside of Malaysia, but we will only transfer personal data to these data processors where we are satisfied that your consent to the transfer has been obtained.
We also ensure that adequate levels of protection, security controls are in place in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out by our service providers to protect your personal data. We impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security which means that they can only use your personal data to provide services to The Macallan or to you, and no other purpose.
We may provide information to others (such as governmental or law enforcement agencies) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; (ii) comply with any legal claims raised against The Macallan; (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of The Macallan; or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of the public.
If The Macallan becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Website, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Website.
If you have any questions or concerns about the way in which your Personal Data is processed, please contact Brian Lau, Manager of Prestige and Education, Telephone number: +603 2242 3913, Email: [email protected]
This policy may change from time to time. If we change anything important we will notify or contact you.