40 Years Old - 2017 Release
Matured in our exceptional oak casks for a minimum of 40 years
The The pinnacle of the Sherry Oak Range
A rich and intense single malt
Exclusively matured in hand-picked Oloroso sherry seasoned oak casks from Spain, this highly limited release is testament to The Macallan’s exceptional oak casks; transforming the rich, fruity and full bodied ‘new make’ spirit into a single malt of great richness and character.
Once distilled, the precious spirit was laid down to mature for a minimum of 40 years in our exceptional oak casks. It is these casks that are the single greatest contributor to the outstanding quality, natural colour and distinctive aromas and flavours which lie at the heart of this rare Macallan single malt whisky.
Crafted from an intriguing combination of three sherry-seasoned casks – a European oak sherry butt, a European oak sherry hogshead and an American oak sherry butt – The Macallan 40 years old is a rich and complex whisky, displaying a natural deep copper colour.
The Macallan 40 Years Old – 2017 Release was made available from December 2017 onwards, spanning the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa and will also be available in exclusive airport retail stores worldwide and at The Macallan Distillery.
An invitation for a chance to purchase
Register your interest now
Entries to The Macallan 40 Years Old – 2017 Release ballot closed at 23:59 UK time on 27th February 2018. For further information about the ballot, please see the FAQs.
A rare and highly collectable single malt, The Macallan 40 Years Old – 2017 Release is limited to 465 bottles worldwide. We are pleased to announce that we are offering an opportunity to secure a chance to buy this rich and characterful Macallan whisky through an exclusive ballot from The Macallan Online Shop.
£6,250 RRP (70cl). Includes delivery. Final price will be subject to local taxes and duties as they apply to the shipping destination.
– Delivery of whisky products from the The Macallan Online Shop is currently available to 27 countries.
– Entries to the ballot will close at 23:59 UK time on 27th February 2018.
– All required fields must be completed and submitted to confirm your entry. All eligible entries will receive a confirmation email.
– By entering the ballot you are not making a purchase and there is no obligation to buy, even if you are successful in the ballot.
– Due to the scarcity of this release, all entries and any resulting purchases are strictly limited to one per person only.
– Successful entrants will be notified by email after the closing date and will have 72 hours to purchase.
– If after 72 hours a purchase has not been made the bottle will be released to the next person drawn from the ballot.
– We aim to notify all successful entrants by email no later than the end of March 2018.
– Full terms and conditions for the ballot can be found here. If you have any questions please see the FAQs.
The The Experience
- Deep Copper
- Sultanas with gingers and wood spice. A background of sweet cinnamon and citrus emerges.
- Opens with soft cinnamon spices, quickly developing into a mouth coating of date and figs.
- Long, rich with a lingering cinnamon spice.